Pre-Wedding Consultation and Trial
The trial is essential to any bride wanting to get her look exactly right for her special day. The more information I have about themes and colours of the day, the more I get to know the bride’s personality and what I can do to make sure the makeup fits in perfectly.
The best way to do this is to bring some images of makeup you like so I have a clear idea of what look we are aiming for. It is also helpful if the bride can send me some images before the trial so I can do my own research and start to think about what products I can use.
It is important I see the brides skin so I can choose the correct skincare for her skin type. I have skincare and primers for all skin types, which on the day is crucial for the overall look and longevity of the makeup.
On the day of the trial:
- I usually take two hours to do a trial but I set aside plenty of time so it would never feel rushed.
- The bride sits holding a mirror so each stage can be viewed to be sure we are going in the right direction.
- I will make any changes to ensure the bride is completely happy with her makeup.
- It is a good idea to wear a white top to the trial as it gives a more accurate insight into how the makeup will look with the colour you will be wearing on the day.
- The trial is usually carried out my home but I am also happy to travel to the bride if it is more convenient.
- After makeup application, I like to take a few photos in different lights so we can see how it will look on camera so we are confident you will look amazing in your wedding photos!
On the day I will arrive at your venue with plenty of time to set up. I will fit in around the bride’s schedule making it as stress free as possible. I like to have an hour to do the brides makeup and preferably doing hers last so her makeup is fresh for her big reveal! The bride can relax knowing that I will be recreating the look she was happy with during her trial.
The bridesmaids and bridal party, depending on age and how much they are wearing, will take 30-45 minutes. I love being part of the wedding morning and will stay until everything is perfect.
I am sometimes asked to stay after the ceremony to be on hand to ensure makeup is perfect throughout the photos, (please note there would be an additional charge for this).